Monday, August 17, 2015

A Facebook Quote

We Are Ashley Davis Designs


This journey has not been an easy one so far, but it has been nothing short of interesting and informative. I have learned many things along the way, and I am looking forward to everything else that I will learn with time. A major lesson came from what I thought would be an unlikely source.
I was on Facebook one night promoting like I usually do. I joined a "Build Each Other Up" group, and the first thing I saw was a quote someone had posted. It said the following: "If you want to know who your friends are, start a business and ask them to support you."


When I saw that I realized 3 things:

1. Other people had the same thought process as I did.

2. That I need to be extra grateful for the friends who did support me because they are a dime a dozen.

3. Not to let the circumstances get me down.


The truth is people will be people and that's ok. What we need to realize when we make an endeavor like a business is that we are the ones on this journey, not our friends. They are not responsible for our failure or our success. We are. If we fail to promote, then we fail to get business. If we rely on our friends to be our customers and only market to them, we miss out on a world of people that will not only buy our products but will also love our products and be some of our biggest supporters.

Just remember, if few friends or no friends support your business, it's irrelevant. At the end of the day, hard work is what pays off. We will never get anywhere if we become our own pitfalls. So don't give up. Success could be right around the corner!


No comments:

Post a Comment