Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Slowly but Surely

We Are Ashley Davis Designs


Having an Etsy shop is a lot of hard work.
When I first signed up, it seemed easy enough.
I thought I would just add some listings
and hope that people would find them.
I learned how to upload pictures,
to create listings, and to attempt writing descriptions.
I had no clue what treasuries were,
how much advertising/marketing would be required,
or how important SEO is. Each day I learn some new aspect of Etsy.


I'm not sure if I will ever grasp all of the details,
but I'm willing to try. Research and networking are key.
Without creating relationships,
it is very difficult to gain support and/or a following.
Through research, I have attained much of the information I know now.

One of the biggest lessons I have learned is that any and all support deserves appreciation.
Without support, businesses fail.
Support from friends and family is just as important as support from your clientele.
Most businesses don't take off in a day, and much advertising comes from word of mouth and friend/family support.
Even if your business hasn't taken off, a start is still a start.
My business is coming along slowly but surely,
and each day I remind myself that a start is a start.

Contact us if you want to subscribe to our newsletter and be sure to join our email list!


Ashley Davis Designs Facebook
Ashley Davis Designs Website

Ashley Davis Designs Twitter

12 comments:

  1. What a lovely post! I felt the same way when I joined Etsy. I've been on there for two years around abouts now and I'm still learning new things and figuring it out! You see some crazy success stories but I think for most of us it is slowly but surely! <3 x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just like Jicsi, i've also been on etsy for more than 2 years now and yes, i still learn new things every day. But i take it as a good thing after all. I think there's always room for improvement and learning new tricks is the only way to do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I opened my Etsy store and thought people would find me and I'd be wildly successful. I didn't have any idea at how hard it would be to actually make one sale! More so than trying to peddle your wares in person. I've had my shop since 2009 and I'm just now learning how important relationships are. I think it takes a really good balance of being social, having great pictures, and knowing how to market your items to the right audience. Oh, and let's not forget having patience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm learning that as well. Networking seems to be key to being successful. I've learned that from events and such.

      Delete
  4. I'm sure you'll do good on your shop. Your collection looks adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree! I didn't know how much work I needed to put into my shop. It seemed easy to create one and I thought everyone would just come and buy immediately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same thing and was surprised when it didn't happen until I started networking.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful! I totally agree with you and Le Vie En May - such hard work to get a shop promoted, noticed and getting customers!!

    ReplyDelete