Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Watch Me

We Are Ashley Davis Designs




After learning how to make bracelets, 
necklaces, earrings, and rings, 
I wanted to try making watches.
I have a nickel allergy,
and I have seen firsthand how hard it is 
to find nickel free/hypoallergenic
 watches. 


For a while I found multiple watch faces
but none were hypoallergenic. 
I continued to search 
and found several in a very unlikely spot.



Once I found the watch faces, 
I had to learn how to make straps and such.
Experimentation was key for learning 
how to properly make good watches. 


After making a few that I didn't like, 
I took them apart and made new ones.
Several tries later, I made one that I liked.
 I have continued ever since. 

Contact us if you want to subscribe to our newsletter and be sure to join our email list!




9 comments:

  1. Hello there! It's surprising how many people need hypoallergenic jewelry, so I think it's wonderful that you offer these options. I especially like the watch with the blue band. :) I like the rings in your Etsy shop as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thank you, that is so true. Thank you again, I appreciate it :)

      Delete
  2. Love all the items! What a great design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bronze looking one on the black band, it looks really cool and funky! Definitely the kind of watch I'd wear if I ever wore a watch haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It is one of my funkiest lol

      Delete
  4. Great to know about your ability to meet hypo allergernics' needs. Will bear you in mind for at least one of my daughters, and several other friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! If she or her friends has something in mind that I don't have in store, I take custom orders.

      Delete
  5. I can't wear a watch because I have joint issues in my wrists but if I could, I would love one of these. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear about your joint issues. Thank you :)

      Delete